THE GREATER NEW BRAUNFELS ARTS COUNCIL
P. O. Box 311171, New Braunfels, Texas, 78131-1171
Center for the Arts, 2339 Gruene Lake Drive, Suite B, New Braunfels, TX 78130
www.gnbac.org and facebook.com/GNBArtsCouncil
The Greater New Braunfels Arts Council is pleased to inform you that it is sponsoring its Annual Poetry Contest February 15 through March 31, 2020.
There are four divisions of competition: 1) grades five and six; 2) grades seven and eight; 3) high school; and 4) adult. Listed below are the rules of the contest.
1. The poem may be on any subject and written in any style except limerick. It must be a minimum of eight lines long, and the maximum length may not exceed one side of an 8 ½ x 11 inch sheet of paper.
2. The poem must be typewritten in black ink or printed carefully in black ink without any extra designs or drawings on the page.
3. The name, mailing address, telephone number, and grade and school (if a student) must be on the back of the poem. No identifying information should appear on the front.
4. Each entrant may submit a maximum of two poems, but only one may place.
5. No entry may have been previously published or performed publicly.
6. All entries must be postmarked not later than March 31, 2020.
7. Participants must be from the New Braunfels and Comal County area.
8. No poem will be returned.
Please send entries to: Poetry Contest Coordinator
PO Box 311171
New Braunfels, TX 78131
Or Email to
Cash prizes and medallions will be awarded to the winners in April (date to be determined). Determination of winning places will be at the sole discretion of the judges.
Thank you for your interest.